Blackjack is a very popular card game with millions of fans playing it online worldwide. The beauty of playing online blackjack is that you can learn the rules of blackjack without rushing, and there is no real money to lose when you lose! You can click the menu button to read the rules. What’s best: We also automatically save your game so you can come back anytime to play blackjack online! Remember, you don’t win because you are closer to the value of 21 – you win because your combined value of the cards is greater than that of dealer.
How to play blackjack online?
One of the major keys to its popularity is that blackjack is really easy to play. You can just need seven steps to start learning how to play online blackjack.
- Place your bets — Place a bet from $1 to all-in.
- Receive your cards — The dealer will give you two cards and show you one of his cards.
- Decide if you want to double down — If you get two cards of the same value, you can double your bet and split your bet at any time before hitting or standing.
- Consider if you want to hit — You can add more cards by clicking Hit, but if your hand is more than 21, it will automatically bust.
- Click Stand — When you are ready to play your hand, click stand.
- Learn the dealer’s hand — The dealer will show his hidden blackjack hand, and if they have 16 or less, they must always hit. If they have 17 or more, they will stop hitting.
- Winning and Losing — You win when the total value of your cards is greater than the dealer’s cards. You lose if your score is lower than the dealer’s or if your total is more than 21.
What are the online blackjack rules?
Playing online blackjack is a fun way to spend time, develop strategic thinking skills and test your ability to act under pressure.
To get the most out of the game, you need to understand the rules of blackjack. Without them, you could make the mistake of making the wrong move and losing the game you could have won.
Here are the 12 critical rules you should know when playing free blackjack.
- Your goal is to get 21 points or more than the dealer’s score.
- If you have more than 21 points then you lose. This is called bust.
- If your score is the same as the dealer’s, then your bet will be refunded. This is called push.
- Place your bets before the deal is issued.
- The dealer deals you two face-up cards.
- The dealer starts with a face-up card and a face-down card.
- Ace value 1 or 11 (depending on which value is most favorable to you). Tens, jacks, queens and kings are worth 10. Two-nine have their face value.
- Hit if you want to get more cards.
- Stand If you are satisfied with your two cards.
- You can double your bet if you wish to do.
- You can split pairs and turn them into two separate bets.
- The dealer must score at least 17 points – if they don’t, they will deal themselves more cards.
How to win at online blackjack
There is no guaranteed winning strategy in blackjack. Because it is a game that combines skill and luck, this means that sometimes you have a bad hand. While you can never be sure of a successful game, there are some strategies you can use to improve your chances of winning at online blackjack.
- Learn Basic Blackjack Strategy
It is the mathematical method of blackjack that tells you the best way to move based on the cards you receive. The best way to learn this method is to use the Basic Blackjack Strategy chart. This will tell you when to hit, stand, or surrender.
- If your total number of points does not exceed 8, then you should always “hit”.
- Never split these pairs
Splitting pairs gives you the opportunity to play two games at the same time as the dealer, thus increasing your chances of winning. However, there are some pairs you shouldn’t split because they won’t give you a good chance of winning. You ought not to split 4s, 5s or 10s.
Splitting 10s will take down a very promising hand, and you are really unlikely to get a better result with any of the hands you split.
When you have a pair of 4s, your follow-up hit cannot fail. The most you can get is 19, which is a respectable total. If you split, it only takes three cards to make your hand far better than your original pair of fours, a five, six or seven.
A pair of 5s means you’ve actually got a 10. This is a good hand, and you should raise unless the dealer has a 9, 10 or A. Splitting 5s may leave you with a low-value hand, or one that increases your likelihood of busting late in the hand.
- Never stand on these numbers
If the dealer’s hand has a total of 7 or more points, then you should not stand if your hand has a total of 12-16 points.
- Avoiding Insurance bets
An insurance bet seems to be a good idea. However, it doesn’t change the odds in your favor and usually wastes your chips.
Now as you know what it takes to win at online blackjack, all that remains is to take your knowledge in practice. Start playing online blackjack games now and let’s see how many wins you can have!